Northrop Grumman 2
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Human Resource focused students interested in an internship opportunity. This position will be located in Linthicum, Maryland.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Human Resources organization and will be exposed to general support of the human resources team and depending on skill set alignment will be focused in one of the following areas: HR generalist support, staffing/recruitment or organizational effectiveness.
As an intern, you'll participate in a summer internship program to develop competencies in a variety of areas.
Roles and Responsibilities
Will vary depending on which Human Resources focus area being supported but general responsibilities could include :
- Support of the Human Resources generalist team including project work around employee data management, assimilation, retention, employee relations etc.
- Assisting in creating and providing input on training presentations, helping with the coordination of trainings and other learning and development document management activity.
- Creating, compiling and analyzing metrics and reports and creating presentations to visually display results.
- Hiring event coordination (on site and on campus) and day of event support, conducting candidate phone screens, sourcing candidates and help with the overall staffing process.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2020.
- Be majoring in Human Resources or closely related discipline.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.00/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2020
- Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
- Good presentation and writing/communication skills.
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.