98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Hybrid Cloud Extension (HCX) provides multi-cloud application workload mobility and infrastructure hybridity between data centers and clouds. See http://hcx.vmware.com for more details.
As a Product Manager Intern, you will be part of the HCX Product Management team. In this role, you will work on the end-to-end lifecycle of product requirements, from definition to launch. This is a cross functional role that requires working closely with engineering, product marketing, sales, customers and partners. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the software development lifecycle from design through delivery
- Prioritize and define product requirements
- Work closely with product design team to delight end users
- Communicate with VMware customers and partners to validate requirements
- Work closely with R&D teams to bring new innovations to market
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing for go-to-market strategy, product launches and sales enablement
- Work independently and effectively within and across teams.
- Pursuing a full-time MBA degree with a Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent
- 3-5 years of work experience in product management, product marketing, or equivalent experience in the enterprise software technology industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technology features into business benefits
- Results-driven mindset with the ability to multitask and navigate through ambiguity
- Motivated self-learner with the passion and follow through to acquire new skills
- Ability working with cross functional teams
- Ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts and passion to evangelize a disruptive new technology
- Strong leader, self-starter and excellent teammate with experience in a high achievement-oriented environment
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in the U.S. may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-02-25
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R1909875