- Development of software safety targets and software safety requirements
- Execute hazard analyses required to support identification of software safety requirements in accordance with business standards and program / product objectives.
- Development of specific application, generic application and generic product safety cases.
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated to internal and external customers
- Co-ordinate the timely production of the necessary design safety documentation, especially the relevant safety cases and related documentation for approval milestones.
- Conduct/facilitate PHA, FMEA, Fault Tree Analysis and other safety studies with Engineering groups.
- Develop and maintain Hazard Tracking Log.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Desire to operate as a software safety engineer (engineer with software safety and assurance responsibilities), across complex, large scale systems.
- Exposure with software safety engineering.
- Familiarity with design, test and analysis tools and systems.
- Familiarity with Hazard Analysis per MIL STD 882E.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an interim DoD Secret clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability