The Purchasing Assistant is responsible for assisting the corporate Procurement Department with purchasing products and services for the organization. Under the supervision of the Director of Procurement, this individual will review Purchase Requisitions, coordinate the setup of new suppliers, provide advice and support to internal customers, and interact with supplier representatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Reviews Purchase Requisitions to ensure that all required information is provided and accurate
- Facilitates the Due Diligence process for new suppliers
- Helps to develop and maintain Work Instructions and User Guides for various Procurement processes
- Documents cost savings and cost avoidances
- Assists with individual or group training for internal customers on Procurement systems and procedures
- Obtains quotes and other pertinent information for product or services, such as availability and delivery.
- Coordinates apparel programs year-round, such as uniform rental, boots, summer t-shirts and winter wear
- Runs Dun & Bradstreet reports on all suppliers
- Assists with the administration of the corporate travel program
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain Management or other business-related field preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience required.
- Medical (and FSA/HSA plans), Dental, Vision Insurances
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement and In-house Training Dept.
- Paid Military Leave
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Safety Glasses and Boot Program
ABOUT NMC GROUP
As a Nebraska-based company with more than 80 years in the equipment industry, NMC is focused on providing a comprehensive line of capital equipment solutions to the many industries we serve. Our employees enjoy a relaxed culture with competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and an inspiring culture. The NMC team is focused on enabling our customers’ success by understanding their unique needs and delivering tailored, innovative equipment solutions with a specialization in Caterpillar construction equipment, power generation, material handling, rental equipment, and total truck service. NMC takes pride in cultivating strong relationships with our customers and our talented professionals; these connections cultivate growth and success and they are truly the strength of NMC.
OUR MISSION & VALUES
Enabling our customers' success by understanding their unique needs and delivering tailored, innovative capital equipment solutions.
INTEGRITY RELATIONSHIPS ENTREPRENEURSHIP EXCELLENCE STEWARDSHIP