Summit Federal Credit Union
STATUS: Seasonal Part-time / Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Manager
LOCATION: Corporate Office
HOURS: Up to 29.5 hours per week; can be flexible with hours (Monday - Friday) and start of position (Summer 2020 or Fall 2020 Internship)
The Summit Federal Credit Union is looking for a personable and highly motivated Human Resources (HR) intern to support the HR team in day-to-day administrative tasks, activities, and projects.
If you’re ready to:
- Learn multiple facets of HR, while working with a supportive and energetic team
- Build real-world experience with recruiting, payroll, benefits, and the coordination of HR policies and procedures
…then this is the internship for you!
What you’ll do:
Our Human Resources team is responsible for talent acquisition, growth and development, benefit and payroll administration, employee relations, and retention of our workforce. The HR Intern will have the opportunity to get direct experience within the Human Resources department, learning from and working with the team.
Experience may include:
- Talent Acquisition:
- Posting new positions on websites and job boards
- Assisting with screening resumes and applicants to identify suitable candidates to fill company job vacancies
- Coordinating interviews and preparing offer letters
- Seeking new ways to recruit top talent
- Participating in recruiting event(s)
- Employee file retention, file maintenance, and scanning
- Onboarding new hire in HRIS system and system maintenance for current employees.
- Collecting and updating our database with new hire information (e.g. employment forms and contact information)
- Monthly and quarterly reporting
- Assisting with Open Enrollment (Fall) Activities
- Participating in Employee Wellness Project(s)
- Procedure writing and testing
- Inclusion and Diversity initiatives
- Research assignments and reporting
- I-9 Auditing
- Tracking progress, priorities, and deadlines of various projects
- Proofreading HR documents
- Help prepare Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents
Education/Experience: An equivalent combination of the following:
- Education: Pursuing a degree in Human Resources or related field strongly preferred.
- Experience: Some experience in an office environment preferred. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and resume databases. Prior administrative experience and prior entry level knowledge of and/or exposure to U.S. labor laws a plus.
- Must demonstrate sound judgement and handle confidential information in a professional and discrete manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn and accept feedback
- Possess self-awareness
- Desire to learn and be involved with various projects
- Develop experience working on a wide variety of HR projects
- Work side-by-side with experienced HR team
- Compensation available
- Paid Holidays on regularly scheduled workdays
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The Summit Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Note: The above information on this job has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.