At Adaptive, you'll be challenged, you'll be inspired, and you'll be part of an innovative organization making a real impact on improving the quality of life globally. No matter what your role is, you'll find a diverse, team-driven, fun culture where your contributions truly count.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable Software Engineering Intern with beginner level experience to support development of Adaptive's production web applications. In addition to other engineers, this position will work closely with project management, development leads, and QA by helping to design and then implement software solutions integral to Adaptive's current and future engineering road maps.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
The software you create will be used to directly support patient care and drive new research discoveries. You will work on a fast-paced team of developers in a cross-disciplinary environment, collaborating on features with coworkers ranging from biologists, to business owners, to data analysts. Therefore, strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences are crucial. No biology background is required, but a basic understanding of immunology, DNA sequencing, and PCR would be useful.
- Currently pursuing or have obtained Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Strong analytical thinking skills and ability to solve complex problems
- 1+ years of relevant experience or course work in basic programming, data structures, and algorithms
- Basic experience with a strongly typed object-oriented language
- Basic experience with a scripting language
- Ability to interact and communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Java and Python experience
- Exposure to full-stack web application development
- Exposure to Relational databases and SQL
- Ability to work in a Linux environment with applications spread across a hybrid cloud environment (AWS, Azure, collocation facility)
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Adaptive Biotechnologies values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners and will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Adaptive Biotechnologies is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Adaptive Biotechnologies who is not a member of the Human Resources team.