1.0 Summary of Job Purpose:
The candidate hired for this position will work alongside experience goal-oriented and creative Engineers and Technicians on real-world assignments. The Engineer Intern is part of the Operations team and will participate in engineering research, design, analysis, evaluation, and testing in support of various program areas.
2.0 Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 2.5 GPA and pursuing a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering, Business Administration or related degree from an accredited university.
- Duration of internship May 2019 thru Aug 2019 (corresponding to semester break)
- Intermediate Level – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
3.0 Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderated.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 91,000 employees. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran pursues a continuous strategy of differentiation through innovation and undertakes extensive ongoing research and development programs.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the Happy at work rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 72,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.