BluJay Solutions is looking for an Information Technology Support Intern who has the ability to work well with our internal customers in all IT related issues, including but not limited to software, hardware, security, email, peripherals, etc. Success in this role requires technical knowledge, organizational skills, problem solving, excellent customer service, and an eagerness to do whatever it takes to get the job done effectively and efficiently. The ideal person will be ready to learn and grow in a fast paced IT environment.
This is a paid internship and can be a year round position.
- Personal computing hardware, software, and peripheral support
- End-User training/coaching. Provide small group and one-on-one training for end users in utilization of office technology
- Developing and publishing end user documentation for online Knowledge Base
- Anti-virus, anti-spyware, and intrusion detection software support
- Monitoring, triaging, responding, and resolving helpdesk tickets via JIRA, email, and phone support
- Escalate problems via the proper channels to assist with quick resolution and customer satisfaction
- Onboarding/Off boarding of BluJay employees in a timely manner
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field with significant computer science or IT coursework.
- 0-1 years of helpdesk experience or minimum 1 year of tech school
- Commitment to customer service. Personable and friendly.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Follows information technology best practice standards.
- Develops and maintains current, personal knowledge and skills on industry and professional trends and activities in information technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Proactive and searches for process improvement opportunities.
- Windows OS experience
- MS Office 2016 and O365 troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory usage
- Software deployment and troubleshooting
- Basic networking principles
- Personal computer hardware maintenance and troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of PowerShell a plus