Using current programming language and technologies, this Software Engineer will develop code, and perform testing and debugging of network application. The Software Engineer will be required to document all procedures for installation and maintenance. May also interact with users to define future system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for design and execution of test strategies
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on testability of functional requirements, product designs, and estimating/planning
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with and influence others to improve the overall design.
- Translate requirements to test cases
- Develop and support the testing of product features throughout the entire development cycle
- Own and be accountable for test strategy, test planning, and test execution
- Design and build advanced automated testing frameworks
Technologies: Java, Linux, C, cloud computing, open standards, automation (Selenium)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Programming experience in Java or C#/ASP.NET
- Working knowledge of SQL, C/C++, and scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, PowerShell, etc.
- Working knowledge of version control systems (ideally Git)
- Strong documentation skills: Design and Functional Specifications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group
- Strong debugging skills
- Knowledge of multi-threading application development
- Working in an agile development environment
- Working knowledge of software testing procedures. This may include automation, regression and integration test cases
- Knowledge of standard enterprise level software development life cycles
- Experience debugging multi-platform software applications
- Understanding of build systems: Jenkins and Azure Dev ops(ADS)
- Familiarity in quality assurance processes and in developing automation frameworks and automated tests
- Exposure to front end automated testing tools, such as Selenium
Education: Must have graduated from an accredited university with an applicable degree in a related field (Computer Science or Computer Engineering highly preferred).
Physical Demands: This is a typical office job, with no special physical requirements or unusual work environment.
Itron is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or other characteristics protected by law. If you require an accommodation in order to apply to this position, please contact your local recruiting representative at 1-800-635-5461 or email [email protected]