Are you ready to put your education to work?
Yes? Let's talk.
You're ready to join ground-breaking projects, bring fresh ideas and meet top executives. Our interns do real work, volunteer together and compete in team activities. Oh yeah, and they invent stuff. True story. Sprint interns have applied for patents. They're just that good. At Sprint, our progress is monumental, our acceleration is inspiring, and now is the time to put big ideas into practice.
As a Sprint intern you'll have the opportunity to gain practical experience in our 10-12 week internship program in a challenging, fun and fast-paced work environment. This includes entry level professional duties and project work in various capacities. And you'll get to work with our awesome technology solutions, systems, and processes. In addition to your manager, you'll also have a mentor to provide guidance and coaching along the way. In between solving real business problems and getting hands on experience, the Sprint internship program hosts networking events, development opportunities and community involvement activities.
Are you ready to Move Forward with us?
The candidate must currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or a related field (e.g., Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Technology etc.,) have completed at least 2 years of an undergraduate curriculum by this summer, maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must be able to analyze business requirements and translate to system requirements
- Must be able to communicate clearly with business partners and application developers
- Must be able to drive solutions based on business requirement and work with various teams
- Must be very outspoken and comfortable in approaching other teams to collaborate.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, must be able to understand business impacts on potential problems in applications and work diligently to mitigate the risk.
- Exposure to Linux based development environment
- Exposure to OO principles and exposure to relational and NoSql database
- Exposure to a cloud platform
- Enrolled in college or college graduate within the last twenty-four months
- Exposure to Agile development process
- Experience with REST APIs and related frameworks and standards (YAML, RAML, Swagger API)
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with content management systems
- Experience in Java
If you want to get your career started, Sprint's internship program is a great way to gain experience in a fun and innovative environment.
We know that technology is essential to our customers' lives. We're obsessed with creating awesome solutions that deliver amazing experiences. We believe mobile connectivity is the most powerful enabler of progress in the world. Connectivity helps bring families and friends more closely together, children to get a better education, and businesses to be more productive.
As a Sprint intern, you'll not only gain real world experience, but have an opportunity to drive real results that impact the lives of others. Are you ready to Move Forward?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Protected Veterans.
US-KS-Overland Park, US-VA-Reston
Sprint is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has been recognized for its commitment to diversity and creating an inclusive workplace where all employees’ backgrounds, talents and contributions are valued. Sprint reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, religion, color, creed, gender/sex, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other classification protected by Federal, state or local law. Sprint is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Protected Veterans
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled protected veteran and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to apply for one of our positions, you may submit a request by sending an email to [email protected] or by faxing your request to 913-523-9980.
“Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws” Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; Supplemental Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) is the Law Poster; Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster; Pay Transparency Notice Poster; and the Philadelphia’s Fair Change Hiring Law Poster.