Kalmar is part of Cargotec
Kalmar is an independent business area within Cargotec, a Finland based company. We are the market leader in cargo handling equipment, port automation and services. Innovation has always been at the heart of our business – we’ve consistently revolutionized container handling solutions for the benefit of our customers. Kalmar is the industry forerunner in port automation and energy-efficient cargo handling. We are unique in our ability to enable seamless integration of different terminal processes.
We have a career opportunity for a motivated, creative and collaborative Software Engineer, Intern in our office in San Jose, California. As a Software Engineer Intern you will use your object oriented programming skills to enhance our SmartPort software.
You will have opportunity to grow your experience and skills on wide range of software including graphical user interfaces, developing APIs, and developing advanced algorithms processing real-time telemetry. Kalmar software organization has offices in USA, Europe, Australia and India.
Ideally you have:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associates Degree or pursuing a Bachelor degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related degree strongly preferred
- Ability to write maintainable and reliable code in C++ or .NET.
- Comfortable in Windows environment.
- An analytical mindset in a problem-solving, results-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of modern software development practices
- Experience with Graphical User Interface (GUI) development
- Comfortable with Git version control system
- Experience with UML
Seniority Level – Entry Level
Employment Type – Summer Internship
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto