Umpqua Community College
$90,000.00 - $105,000.00 Annually
Colorado State University - Pueblo
Closing date and time
The School of Nursing facilitates the learning process of students in achieving a Doctor of Nursing Practice, a Master of Science with an emphasis in education or nurse practitioner emphasis and Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degrees. The school currently manages recruitment, admission and retention of 250 undergraduate and 80 graduate students. National Accreditation is maintained to insure delivery of quality nursing education.
This full-time 12 month position is primarily administrative and includes service, teaching and option for practice in the Student Health Center. The graduate program has an existing master's degree and a new doctor of nursing practice degree. Nurse practitioner programs include Adult/Gerontology Acute Care, Psychiatric Mental-Health and a dual emphasis of Adult/Gerontology Acute/Family which are delivered in a hybrid format. Online programs include Nurse Educator and Nurse Manager-Leader. Participating in School of Nursing meetings, willing to lead and represent the graduate program to university committees and able to work with budget and administrative duties in collaboration with the associate dean are some of the key elements.
Description of Job
- Teaching assignment (3-6 course credits per year) includes:
- Teach, evaluate and revise course as needed, provide on-campus and black board learning experiences/labs/clinical, evaluate student learning, post grades, submit final course grades per university policy.
- Lead the graduate program with some of the following key elements:
- Facilitate program decisions related to admission, progression, and graduation issues.
- Assess concentration curriculums and needs for revision.
- Participate in program decisions related to curriculum.
- Recommend and participate in concentration specific clinical faculty recruitment.
- Recommend new field/clinical affiliations as necessary.
- Contribute to the evaluation of concentration specific clinical lead faculty on a term and/or annual basis.
- Communicate issues to the Associate Dean for Nursing on a regular basis.
- Adhere to DNP-MSN program policies.
- Utilize effective communication skills including conflict resolution.
- Mentor and oversee adjunct faculty, lead clinical faculty, and academic coaches teaching concentration specific clinical courses, and didactic courses as needed.
- Monitor and recommend updates on the Learning Management System (BlackBoard or other) shell.
- Teach as needed to meet program needs.
- Assist the Associate Dean with budget and administrative duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- Doctorate in Nursing (DNP or PhD)
- RN and APRN in Colorado or ability to obtain one within 3 months
- National Board Certified in one of the following: nurse practitioner in Family, Adult /Gerontology Acute Care or Psychiatric-Mental Health and eligible for Colorado licensure.
- Three years minimum professional clinical nursing experience as a nurse practitioner
- Two years management experience in clinical or academic nursing
- Academic administrative experience leading accreditation projects
All interested candidates must apply through the on-line application system. No other format of application materials will be accepted.
Applicants must attach the following documents, in order to be considered for this position:
- a letter of intent (cover letter);
- a current resume or CV;
- an unofficial transcript; and
- three professional references with contact information to the on-line application.
Early submission of application materials is encouraged. Screening of application materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled, though all applications received by 4 p.m. (MST) on Friday, February 14, 2020 will be given full consideration.
About Colorado State University-Pueblo
Colorado State University-Pueblo is a comprehensive state university with an enrollment of 4,000 students. CSU-Pueblo provides relevant professional coursework and superior instruction with a small professor-to-student ratio for an ever-changing global economy. Students can choose from 28 undergraduate programs with 70 fields of study in the College of Science and Mathematics, the Hasan School of Business, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, and the College of Education, Engineering, and Professional Studies and 10 graduate programs.
CSU-Pueblo is equally committed to serving the diverse population of the region; this emphasis is reflected in the demographic characteristics of the student body. Because more than 25 percent of our students are Hispanic, the Federal Government has designated CSU-Pueblo a Hispanic Serving Institution. Besides reflecting our commitment to serve this critically important and rapidly-growing segment of the student population, that designation also allows the University to compete for certain federal grant funds to support its ability to better serve all students. The University also seeks to provide a rich and diverse cultural environment that allows freedom of expression within a spirit of civility and mutual respect. The public service expected of all members of our community benefits our society - local and global - and builds our sense of citizenship.
Among its unique features, CSU-Pueblo is one of seven schools in the nation to offer a degree in mechatronics, which combines electrical and mechanical engineering. The Hasan School of Business ranks among the top 15 percent of all business schools internationally with graduate and undergraduate programs in business administration accredited by the AACSB International Board of Directors. The College of Education, Engineering and Professional Studies houses an undergraduate engineering program that was ranked in the nation's top 100 by U.S. News and World Report. CSU-Pueblo has an ever-changing campus landscape that features a newly renovated Library, a new general academic classroom building, and a newly renovated and expanded student center.
At CSU-Pueblo, Student Life offerings have increased significantly with the transition of the campus from a commuter environment to a more traditional collegiate experience. Competing at the NCAA Division II level, CSU-Pueblo is a member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference and offers 22 varsity intercollegiate sports and also has active intramural and club sports teams that allow students to get involved in campus life.
About Pueblo, Colorado
The city of Pueblo is a historically and culturally rich, diverse city of more than 100,000, located in the southern part of the state along the Arkansas River near the Wet Mountains and the majestic Sangre de Cristo range. Pueblo enjoys ideal year round climate with four distinct mild seasons, crisp mountain air and 300+ days of sunshine per year. Pueblo attracts outdoor enthusiasts to a full slate of summer and winter recreational activities, encompassing water sports at Lake Pueblo, biking or running along Pueblo's beautiful river trail system, golfing, tennis, hiking or skiing in the mountains to the west. The region is heavily agricultural, with large and small-scale farming and ranching, and a diverse mix of service, manufacturing, and technology industries.
CSU-Pueblo is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history (felony and misdemeanor), national sex offender search, and/or motor vehicle history. Candidates who are extended an offer of employment must submit to and pass a background check prior to beginning employment. Some positions depending on the job duties may be required to complete a DMV and/or credit check.
The University reserves the right to check additional references, with prior notification given to the candidate.
Note: The successful candidate must provide official transcripts of academic work completed and, under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, be able to submit evidence of the ability to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.
It is the policy of Colorado State University-Pueblo to provide reasonable accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities. If you need accommodations, please contact the Human Resources at (719) 549-2441 or [email protected].
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1990, the University's annual security report is available at: https://www.csupueblo.edu/campus-safety.
Colorado State University-Pueblo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Additionally, the University complies with all other relevant, federal, state, and local laws regarding employment practices.
State of Colorado
See the full announcement by clicking
the Printer icon located above the job title
Location varies by announcement, Colorado, -