Wolfram, creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Software Engineer Intern to join its Wolfram|Alpha Web R&D department. The Software Engineer Intern will be responsible for collaborating with multiple teams to produce projects of varying sizes and levels of complexity. The ideal candidate will have a talent for collaborative development in a small team and for working independently.
- Building, testing, benchmarking and refactoring elements of our REST API
- Working with various services and systems to improve how they communicate
- Maintaining, troubleshooting, improving and expanding our Wolfram Language–based languages
- Writing unit tests and creating excellent documentation
- A good working knowledge of Java and/or C#
- Familiarity with back end development
- A solid understanding of REST
- Ability to prioritize tasks and take initiative
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with the Wolfram Language is a plus
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Wolfram is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at its company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.