Packaging Corporation of America
At Packaging Corporation of America (PCA), we think of ourselves as more than a box manufacturer. We are an ideas and solutions company. We seek to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. It just happens to be that corrugated products are our area of expertise.
At PCA, you’ll find the best people in the industry operating in a “golden rule” culture. We actively promote mutually rewarding relationships with each other and our customers by advocating respect for every individual, ethical and fair practices, and the highest standards in what we say and do. PCA is proud to have a highly skilled and experienced team leading the way.
As a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest producers of containerboard and corrugated packaging products in the U.S., PCA offers customers broad expertise and economies of scale, while our multiple plant locations let us rapidly meet the local needs of our customers.
PCA also offers an educational assistance program for employees who have served for 6 months, and are looking to pursue an advanced degree to further their skills and qualifications. The program will reimburse the employee up to $12,000 a year for education expenses.
- Receive and respond to assigned tasks, incoming calls, and/or e-mails regarding desktop and user problems.
- Support production personnel using computer based applications on the assembly floor.
- Immediately respond to any IS or manufacturing system related issues that cause downtime.
- Communicate and follow instructions from a higher level technician onsite.
- Recognize and escalate more difficult problems as required.
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study
- 3.0+ GPA required
- Strong organizational skills to handle numerous details, deadlines, and requests.
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively and independently in a fast paced, multitasking environment.
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize tasks for efficiency and completeness.
- Effective communicator, verbal and written.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of plant and corporate personnel and with customers and vendors.
- Ability to lift and move 50lbs of equipment when needed.
Actively seeking applicants at University of LA at Lafayette, Louisiana Tech, McNeese State University, University of Maine, Auburn University, Lamar University, The University of Texas at Tyler, and Louisiana State University.
PCA provides a competitive comprehensive benefits package.
All Qualified applicants must apply on dayforcehcm.com