Work alongside project teams to ensure the quality and stability of our software meets or exceeds expectations.
- Test interactive software both manually and through automation when applicable
- Schedule and oversee user testing events
- Evaluate new software according to specifications
- Clearly document and communicate software failures to project teams
- Generate logs to document testing phases and defects
- Work with project teams to maintain an organized testing area
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development life-cycle
- Background in computer science or related field
- Programming experience is ideal, but not required
- Must live in the McLean, VA area or be willing to relocate
- Must have experience with the Windows operating system and computer hardware.
- Ideal candidates would have experience in other operating systems such as iOS, Android and Linux but is not required.
- Understanding of quality assurance processes, standards, and methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of different degrees of technical ability
- Demonstrated capacity for self learning
- Demonstrated logical and analytical problem-solving skills
- Excels in a team environment as well as independently when required
Compensation And Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Generous health and dental program.
- Company sponsored 401K & Roth.
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays, floating holidays.
- Maternal/paternal leave.
- Casual dress code.
- Seven paid days of professional development.
- An in-house committee that plans amazing cook-offs, 'museum madness' fun, picnics, games, health initiatives, spontaneous dance parties, and volunteer events to give back to the community.
About Cortina Productions
We have a diverse list of forward thinking clients that allow us to do meaningful work. We iterate fast, create often, and work with a passionate and dedicated staff. That's what keeps us going here at Cortina Productions. We are a dedicated bunch who makes the time for social breaks both in and out of our McLean offices, a short metro ride from D.C.. A recent poll of our current staff described our office culture as focused fun and like family.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- Associate (Preferred)
- McLean, VA 22102 (Required)
- United States (Required)
- 25% (Preferred)
- One location