A company built to serve you. It's your career, Shelter it!The Diversity Intern will have involvement in various department functions and activities for the purpose of learning Shelter-specific policies, procedures, and methods of conducting business. Exposure to many facets of department activities including, but not limited to, traveling to visit branch office(s) or agent office(s), job shadowing with department members, attending department meetings or applicable corporate training classes, and performing assigned job duties. Assists department with regular work and may be assigned to special projects as appropriate.
Starting hourly pay: $12.63
If interested, please apply by:02/28/2020
- Attends department meetings and/or assists with special projects as appropriate.
- Assists co-workers with work as assigned, and fills in for absent co-workers.
- Attends classes in Shelter's Training Center or takes courses online through Shelter's Training and Education Portal as applicable to job duties and Diversity Program goals.
- Work with other Diversity Interns to create current Diversity Program promotional brochure and on other various project work as requested by program coordinators.
- Performs other duties and prepares special reports as requested by the supervisor.
- Must be able to operate keyboard and calculator with speed and accuracy, as well as fax, copier, and other office machines.
- Assists with routine department duties, which may include answering phones, sorting and delivering mail, filing and recordkeeping, and data entry.
- Basic math and keyboarding skills.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Good personal computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes.
- Must meet Diversity Internship Program requirements and have reached an education level of full-time college sophomore or junior.
- Time commitment required is 8-10 weeks of on the job training learning Shelter policies, procedures, and computer systems within the assigned department.
- Works under general supervision of the supervisor.
- Accountable for performing assigned work accurately, efficiently and in accordance with established company policies and department procedures.
- Handles sensitive or confidential information appropriately.
- Must be available for employment from May through August, and be able to coordinate schedule with school ending, Shelter job needs and start dates.
- Ability to maintain work schedule and work well with others in an office or field environment.