PLUS Communications, a public affairs firm based in Arlington, Virginia, is looking for current college students and recent graduates to support its growing team as interns. Ideal candidates are hardworking, driven individuals who have an interest in public affairs, communications, advertising, and digital strategy.
Interns will work directly with the operations team as well as within the various departments of the firm as needed. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Providing front support to reception
- Assist in planning of company wide events
- Stocking and taking inventory
- Monitoring media coverage of current events
- Researching issues surrounding public affairs initiatives
- Assisting in the preparation of PowerPoint decks and other written materials for new business and client meetings
- Drafting and editing memos, LTEs, op-eds, and social media posts
- Helping to proofread advertisements
- Providing administrative assistance as necessary
Ideal candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Possess superior oral and written communication skills and have the ability to work with a variety of people at all levels of the firm
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Show meticulous attention to detail, great organizational skills, and a positive, can-do attitude
- Able to meet deadlines while juggling multiple requests and projects
Start and end dates are flexible, but we ask that interns commit to working at least four days per week.
We offer a fast-paced work environment on a growing team and a great amount of opportunity for learning.
ABOUT PLUS COMMUNICATIONS
PLUS Communications is a full-service agency based in Arlington, Virginia specializing in public affairs and corporate communications work focused on grassroots mobilization, crisis communication, coalition building, media relations, advertising, digital engagement, litigation support and message development.
With experience managing high-profile national projects in the United States and internationally, PLUS Communications' ability to design and deploy a successful advocacy effort is a core competency that is unique among its competitors. PLUS Communications is large enough to run endeavors that are multinational in scale, but the firm takes pride in its founding commitment to work harder than anyone on behalf of its clients – no matter the size of the account.