Women's World Banking
POSITION: Graduate Investment Intern, Women’s World Banking Asset Management
TIME PERIOD: May to August 2020
About Women’s World Banking Asset Management (WAM)
WAM is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Women’s World Banking. It manages the Women’s World Banking impact investment program, specifically related to the WWB Capital Partners and WWB Capital Partners II funds.
ABOUT WOMEN’S WORLD BANKING
Mission: To expand the economic assets, participation, and power of low-income women and their households by helping them access financial services, knowledge and markets
Vision: One day all women will be able to build a secure and prosperous financial future for themselves and their households
Women’s World Banking, Inc. is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization registered in New York, that designs market-driven solutions, invests in financial institutions, and helps to shape policy environments in emerging markets to create greater economic stability and prosperity for women, their families, and their communities. The direct beneficiaries of our work include low-income women customers of financial service providers in developing countries.
Women’s World Banking’s co-actors are its global network of cross-sector partners including retail banks, mobile network operators, FinTech companies, governments, multinational corporations and funders which today includes 47 organizations in 28 countries, with a reach of 62 million women. These network members serve as implementing, catalyzing, and strategic partners that help achieve Women’s World Banking’s mission.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The Investment Team seeks an intern (the “Intern”) to provide support on projects related to investment and fund management.
The Intern will gain valuable insight and experience in the area of social/impact investment vehicles.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Intern will be responsible for the following:
Support team in pursuit of investment opportunities
- Research investment opportunities as needed to support investment decisions
- Assist with data entry for financial models
- Research and develop structured product for investment
- Assist in preparation of portfolio companies monitoring
Support team in Investor Relations
- Assist in preparation of financial statements
- Assist in preparing materials for investor reporting
Support team in Management of Fund Activities
- Assist with record keeping
- Assist with expense tracking and payment processing
Strong Candidates will:
- Be working towards a related graduate degree (e.g. business, finance, international relations); or have previous experience working in finance
- Be proficient in MS-Excel
- Be self-starters and have the ability to work under pressure and manage and prioritize tasks effectively
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have foreign language skills.