Performance Food Group
Jr Programmer Analyst
About Performance Food Group Company
Built on the many proud histories of our family of companies, Performance Food Group is a customer-centric foodservice distribution leader headquartered in Richmond, Virginia. Grounded by roots that date back to a grocery peddler in 1885, PFG today has a nationwide network of approximately 75 distribution centers, 15,000-plus talented associates and more than 5,000 valued suppliers across the country. With the goal of helping our customers thrive, we market and deliver quality food and related products to over 150,000 locations including independent and chain restaurants, schools, business and industry locations, healthcare facilities, vending distributors, office coffee service distributors, big box retailers and theaters. Building strong relationships is core to PFG’s success – from connecting associates with great career opportunities to connecting valued suppliers and quality products with PFG’s broad and diverse customer base. To learn more about PFG and our divisions, Performance Foodservice, PFG Customized and Vistar, visit pfgc.com.
The Junior Programmer Analyst position will perform the following duties:
- Learns new programming languages, new software and new operating systems.
- Under general supervision, analyzes, develops, designs and supports computer systems required for the solution of business problems.
- Assists in the transition to company-wide systems.
- Assists with implementation of system processes and programs which positively contribute to profit margin.
- Interacts with customers and vendors and answer their questions in a friendly, timely and quality manner, as needed.
- Provides user support by communicating valuable information and helping to recommend solutions to problems.
- Participates on teams to improve systems.
- Assists with analyzing, creating, supporting and maintaining computer system applications.
- Assists with organizing and managing projects and developing project timelines.
- Provides timekeeping information against assigned project work.
- Provides after hour on-call support.
- Processes quarterly information and period-end reporting.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Experience:0 – 6 Months
SQL skills, or comparable
Technical analyses experience
General development skills, and ability to pick up new languages/tools
Preferred Experience:1 – 3 years of experience with Gemini/LANSA application landscape