Blue Line Logistics, Inc.
Blue Line Logistics, a Nationally recognized leader in freight logistics, in Vadnais Heights, Minnesota. Privately owned, under Second generation, on site leadership, Blue Line Logistics excels at providing truckload and LTL freight solutions for shippers across the United States. Our long- term relationships allow us to create solution-based value while enjoying daily interpersonal communication with customers and carriers.
We are seeking a summer intern who would work primarily as a freight broker in a sales team. Tasks would include:
· Establish and qualify sales leads
· Prospect and research potential customers
· Maintain CRM records
· Quote and take freight orders from new customers
· Search for and contract with motor carriers
· Negotiate freight rates
· Anticipate and resolve potential customer service and carrier problems
· Track shipments
· Learn the transportation sales process and potentially make sales calls
Qualifications and skills required:
· Current 4 year college student
· Superior communication skills
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to multitask
· Ability to adapt to changing requirements
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office
· Willingness to learn
· No transportation experience required.
· Casual dress code with friendly and positive work environment
· Company sponsored work events and weekly team lunch
· 40-hour typical day shift work week M-F
· Position could lead to full time opportunities after graduation in Operations or in Sales
Part-time work may be available after the summer internship and prior to expected graduation. We are willing to work with the right candidate and can be flexible with hours.
Pay is $15/hour
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)