Van Metre Companies
We are seeking a Sales and Design Centre Intern who love to be challenged and learn new skills to become a part of the New Homes Design Center Team! In this role, you will be mentored by an experienced New Homes Design Centre Manager/Associate. You will focus on learning how the Design Centre team works with the buyers at their Design Centre appointment, assist with Browse Days, maintain customer satisfaction, research and answer customer questions.
All Van Metre interns will have the opportunity to meet and network with interns and employees from other departments and divisions. Interns will engage in a series of trainings that will help them to excel in their particular roles and to broaden their understanding of the company and the many different ways to become involved at Van Metre. The internship program is designed to give our interns valuable and broadly applicable experience that will continue to be an asset well into the future.
This position would be based out of our Broadlands, VA office, and will spend time between our Design Centre and the Sales Offices.
- Assist the Design Centre team with correspondence, reports, scheduling, as needed
- Support the Design Centre team on Browse Days (Saturday & Sunday)
- Deliver sight and sound information sheet with buyer Information, community, house type, areaway location, design studio appointment and miscellaneous Information
- Photograph exterior and interior field shots of homes completed to add to the Design Studio photo library
- Maintain Browse Day packets and product books to ensure they are up-to-date
- Manage showroom inventory
- Shadow Design Centre Consultants in Design Centre appointments
- Aid Design Centre Consultants, as needed
- Solid understanding of customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Ability to communicate at all levels with internal/external clients by phone, email, and in person
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong decision making skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree or equivalent education
- Valid Driver's License and personal transportation
- Weekend work is required
As a developer of complete communities and towns – luxury residential, mixed-use residential/retail, commercial, condominium and apartment communities – we have built more than 16,000 new luxury and custom homes since 1955.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company's founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company's emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the Van Metre signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.