This position serves as a member of the Campus Party Team within the SEM&I Business Unit. The Intern will serve administrative duties supporting operations, marketing and content for the Detroit event in August.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Data mining to establish influencers, bloggers, potential attendees, universities, communities and more in the geek community for effectively marketing the event
- Maintaining notes and bios on contracted and potential speakers
- Organize attendee, speaker and sponsor database and email lists
- Data entry
- Small projects related to Campus Party website and social media
- Various Excel-based projects as needed
· Ability to follow directions then complete tasks independently
· Detailed-oriented, organized and ability to multitask
· Excellent research, problem-solving, project/time management, listening and interpersonal skills
· Positive attitude toward learning new skills and applying them in projects
· Proficient in Excel
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
Interested candidates should include cover letter and resume when applying.
MCI USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Internship
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required