The Telecommunications Analyst, Junior is responsible for administering the Cisco UCS telephone system, toning lines, punching down cables, performing systems programming, and supporting video conferencing equipment.
Specifically, the Telecommunications Analyst, Junior will:
- Possess the ability to install, maintain, operate, troubleshoot, and initiate repairs to a variety of video teleconferencing equipment and systems to include Cisco/Tandberg, Polycom, and Vidyo
- Must have the knowledge to integrate these video systems into the Audio/Visual systems utilized in the customer’s conference rooms
- Install and configure phone systems; perform systems programming and installation; configure, integrate and optimize systems, components, and peripherals
- System programming and hardware system troubleshooting
- Install, test, move and de-install hardware components provided by the customer. When necessary, remove failed components and mark the condition or failure.
- Test system upgrades provided by the customer, provide user upgrade plan, schedule upgrades with users and conduct upgrades
- Perform additions, deletions, moves and remove service from user-assigned hardware as required
- Resolve local troubles and installation of local wiring
- Provide Help Desk Telephone support for customers to resolve user and global Telephone System problems. Log and report each user trouble call. Close out trouble calls on a priority ranking basis.
- Administer and maintain the Cisco/Tandberg, Polycom, and Vidyo (VTC/Video/Multimedia conferencing) systems
- Miscellaneous tasks as required (e.g. inventory, telephone system statistics, line usage rates)
- Notify customer of any unresolved user problems or system problems, outstanding trouble calls or other areas of concern.
- 3 years’ experience programming, backups, moves, and troubleshooting of phone system, switches, voice routers, and associated equipment.
- Cisco CCNA certification is preferred.
- Required experience must include administering Cisco UCS telephone system, toning lines, punching down cables, performing systems programming, and a minimum of 1-year experience working with video conferencing equipment.
- Contractor must have the knowledge to expand the local VoIP system to an enterprise system.
- Contractor must have the knowledge to incorporate VoIP/PBX systems, other than Cisco, into the enterprise system.
Does this opportunity sound like a fit for you? If so, join our talent community and click to apply now!!
Our Profile :
NuAxis is an IT Services firm providing innovative solutions to the U.S. Federal Government using state of the art technologies, architectures, and life cycle management. We are a Certified Microsoft Partner with extensive Microsoft technologies experience. Our services portfolio includes Project Management, Application Development, Infrastructure Management, and Security Management. We offer competitive salaries, an attractive benefits package, and the opportunity to learn from experts.
High technology small business with long-standing U.S. Federal Government experience * Visionary executive leadership * Expert professional services team comprised of highly skilled engineers and software developers * Rapid growth over the last several years
NuAxis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation