Encore Technologies is seeking a Jr. Security Engineer to design, plan, implement and support hardware and software security solutions in support of company operations.
- Handle first point escalation for all security technology and process issues
- Troubleshoot reported problems
- Create and modify firewall rule sets, policies, and security device configurations
- Monitor and report on the availability of the various security layers
- Perform trend analysis, identify top security incidents, and work with respective teams to minimize future risks
- Document and improve existing processes
- Design, setup, and configure security architecture including hardware and software solutions based on the needs of the organization
- Plan and schedule changes coordinating with different stakeholders based on business needs
- Facilitate and support business-to-business connectivity of mission-critical interfaces and systems
- Monitor security logs for alerts to troubleshoot and remediate as necessary
- Support security training and awareness programs throughout the organization
- Monitor, support, and report on vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, as well as compliance-related solutions
- Design, setup, and configure various access solutions from remote-access VPNs to site-to-site VPNs using diversified security platforms
- Perform root cause analysis on security events as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Cyber Security or related Computer Science
- 2-5 years of hands-on experience and expertise in firewall solution delivery practices which include upgrade, research, design, build, deploy, administration, and support.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly and technical language.
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Proven hands-on experience with firewall technologies and comprehensive knowledge of networking communications and network security
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of security issues is required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Checkpoint firewall administration (Certification preferred)
Cisco network and security administration (Certification preferred)
Storage Area Network administration and configuration
SD-WAN administration and configuration
F5 Big IP administration and configuration
Azure experience with Network Security Groups and Application Security Groups
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- Monday to Friday