Gogo Business Aviation
As a Gogo Summer 2020 Intern: Embedded Linux Software Engineer, you will contribute to a development team creating Gogo’s next generation, broadband air to ground communications platform.
You will be working with a team of talented software engineers building simulation and test infrastructure to allow application code to be rapidly developed, tested and deployed. Our goal is to reduce turnaround time between development and test by reducing hardware dependencies.
Want to learn fun new technologies while working with people who love what they do?
COME ON BOARD THE GOGO BUSINESS AVIATION SOFTWARE ENGINEERING TEAM!
How will you make a difference and learn?
- Hands on Development Position – 80% of time coding or testing
- Provide Level of Effort estimates for requirements
- Track project tasks, provide status and ensure tasks completed on schedule
- Troubleshoot defects and code resolutions
- Contribute to a healthy and collaborative development team with a “Get it Done” work ethic
- Contribute to process improvements, including researching and introducing new development tools
- Guide implementation of best practices for application design/development
- Strong XP/SCRUM/Agile work ethic – Ability to contribute productively to a fast paced development team, delivering demonstrable code in 2 week increments
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- You must be enrolled in an accredited school
- This is a paid summer internship that requires an average availability of 30-40 hour per week from May-August
Desired Skills, Academic Experience and Talents
- Has worked in a Linux/Unix development environment
- Any one or more of the following programming languages:
- Good understanding and techniques to troubleshoot and debug applications
- Experience using SCM tools such as Git, Subversion, code review tools
- Experience with the entire software development lifecycle – including requirements analysis, design, development, deployment, testing and maintenance
This paid internship requires an average availability of 40 hours per week during the summer of 2020 in Gogo's main office located in Broomfield, CO. Interns are full-fledged members of the team —engaged from day one through structured training, mentorship, a diverse set of experiences, a network of peers across the company, and leadership opportunities. Our internship program is designed to provide exposure to real, complex operational projects in which you will be working with a variety of people in different business functions. Ideal candidates are top-performing students who excel at analytic problem solving and have a desire to re-engineer processes, quantify business impacts, and be part of major corporate initiatives.
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Gogo participates in E-Verify. Details in English and Spanish. Right to Work Statement in English and Spanish.