We are a technology consultancy working with healthcare marketing teams to dramatically improve and enhance the digital patient experience. We fundamentally believe that digital tools should provide better control, transparency, and choice for healthcare consumers. Finding a doctor should be as easy as comparing flights with Kayak, and booking an appointment should be as easy as hailing a car with Uber.
Here are a few ways to get to know our work in healthcare:
- Check out the Duke Health website. We designed and built the entire thing.
- Read this case study about our multi-source attribution modeling for Children's National Health System.
- Search for a doctor at Carilion Clinic. We recently helped them transform this experience.
What does a Software Engineer do at Modea?
We are digital consultants first, and our software engineers assume this same mentality in all aspects of their work. We tackle client projects as cross-functional teams made up of software engineers, UX/designers, project managers, strategists and analysts. These teams work very closely with each other and the client to architect and build awesome, consumer-grade experiences.
Here are a few specific things you would get to experience as a Software Engineer Intern at Modea:
- Mobile Application Developer - Not only do we build great web applications, but we also deliver mobile apps for our clients to run on multiple mobile platforms. Mobile app development does not constitute a large majority of our projects, but our engineers have plenty of experience in this realm.
- Software Engineering Best Practices - We pride ourselves on delivering quality software solutions, and we rely on following good software engineering best practices. We are looking for someone who will champion this in every aspect of development and delivery of our work. Be prepared to share what all this encompasses for you and how to build software the right way.
What are you looking for?
Here is a list of skills and qualities that are critical to this role:
- Be a great listener and communicator (oral and written)
- Be naturally curious and love problem solving
- Have a passion for web and/or mobile development and building great products
- Be currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related field
- Have some experience with web or application development
- Have a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Be pleasant to work with and a team player
- Be passionate about software engineering and ready to share your favorite blogs, authors, etc.
- Be open to the possibility of future full-time employment
- Gain in-depth business experience
- Get insights into a highly successful, fast-paced team
- Work with people with different backgrounds and experiences
- Learn from experienced business and marketing professionals
- Free-Lunch-Fridays, free snacks and drinks, and much more!
- Paid internship with great hourly rate based on experience
The working environment here at Modea is one of accountability and autonomy. We are working to solve big problems. So we expect a lot, but give team members the tools, freedom, and flexibility to come up with great solutions. Together, our team is developing world-class technology that will change the way healthcare is delivered.
To apply, please submit your resume, as well as a cover letter that expresses what you want to learn and how you can help Modea.
If you’ve read to this point you should probably apply. Not ready? Shoot us a note at [email protected] with any questions.
- You must be eligible to work in the United States for this position.