Start: May 2020
End: Aug 2020
Ninja Tune is an independent record label established in London in 1990. In addition, a tight-knit and hands-on satellite office is located in Echo Park, LA. We are searching for interns who are interested in getting a firsthand look at the independent music industry and functions of a record label.
The candidate should be creative, have a desire to build a career in the music industry and must currently be enrolled in college, ideally in a Marketing, Music Business or Music Industry program. The position focuses heavily on streaming and digital sales, exploring the innovative and expanding landscape of streaming prevalent in the industry today. Tasks include analytical research and reporting as well as helping out with day-to-day office tasks. The internship will include close supervision by the small team of employees in the office.
This is an unpaid position and there is no guarantee of a long-term position at the end of the internship term, but our aim is for our interns to transition into stable and successful careers in the music industry as a result of their work with us. Please note that we will compensate interns for their weekly travel expenses, reimbursing either public transportation or gas costs.
- Work closely with the sales assistant to compose in-depth campaign research reports.
- Draft Playlisting Reports of Ninja Tune releases to reflect the success of the song on streaming platforms.
- Draft Pitching Forms of upcoming Ninja Tune releases to send to streaming platforms to increase play and popularity.
- Create sales reports
- Assist with travel logistics and booking.
- Coordinate mail-outs.
- Assist in the brainstorming of creative marketing campaigns.
- Help with day-to-day office duties and maintenance.
- Occasionally assist with logistics at out-of-office events.
- Currently enrolled in college/university - the internship should be taken for college credit. We see our internship program as an extension of a more traditional educational program and would like our candidates to be eager to learn on the job.
- Available at least 2 days a week - 9am - 3pm / 11am - 5pm.
- Eager to be here and have a general interest in how an indie record label functions. We want students that are enthusiastic about the business and that have a desire to turn this into a full-time career.
- Preferably have a car.
- Punctual and professional.
- Receptive to directions, open to asking questions and giving/receiving feedback as you go.
Job Type: Internship
- One location