BHE's mission is to improve healthcare through innovative analytics. Our team has built a next-generation analytics platform, Instant Health Data (IHD), to bring researchers together to generate insights into improving population health, quality of care, and managing costs.
Our engineering team is seeking a Junior Software Engineer (intern/co-op opportunity) to join our engineering team. In undertaking this challenge, our junior engineer will be at the forefront of the latest technologies, learn about large-scale, new and emerging data sources, and help BHE maintain its leadership position. Our engineering team works in a fast-paced, rapid-learning environment with leaders in software development, working with massive data sets, and healthcare data analytics. In our environment, everyone is encouraged to make a difference. Join us as we design and build a cutting-edge health analytics platform that that allows researchers to process hundreds of millions of records via our intuitive web front end.
This internship/co-op has a minimum of a twelve (12) week duration.
- Design, build, and maintain a highly scalable web analytics platform
- Ensure that the platform meets business requirements and industry practices for security and privacy
- Write queries/jobs/functions to feed and enhance the data pipeline
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Integrate new technologies and software engineering tools into existing platform
- Assist customer support team with analytics and software inquiries
- Pursuing degree or recent grad - BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related technical/science field
- Previous experience working in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with web technologies (HTML, CSS)
- Familiarity with networking fundamentals (SSH, DNS, TCP, etc.)
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
- SQL experience (NoSQL experience a plus, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Cassandra)
- Economics, statistics, or math or background
- Eager to learn new systems and technologies
BHE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.