Wornick Foods is a leading supplier of convenience foods and military rations including the U.S. government and other large Consumer Product Goods companies.
This position is located at our Blue Ash facility.
This position reports to a Senior Product Developer.
This position will assist in the investigations, experimental design, formulation testing, decision making, and commercialization of new product, product renovation and product maintenance projects. The position works collaboratively with cross functional team members from manufacturing, quality and supply chain to assure products consistently deliver on product design. The position will provide the opportunity to experience food product design and renovation in a corporate setting with exposure to production plant facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 75% Benchwork
- 25% Data processing and analyzing
- Participates in product development process
- sampling raw materials
- developing formulations
- participating and leading cuttings
- shadowing product developers on bench and during factory trials
- Take ownership for individual internship project and present to the company at the end of the intern period.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical knowledge with good reasoning and sound judgment abilities.
- Enthusiastic and motivated to learn.
- Effective written and oral communication skills. Must be PC literate.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Creative problem-solving skills and an orientation towards innovation.
- Profit oriented.
- Ability to establish credibility with others.
- Ability to recognize and support the organization preferences and priorities.
- Able to work in office, laboratory, and manufacturing environments. Must be able to work flexible hours as needed based on production scheduling needs.
- Current student in a Bachelor's degree program in Food Science or similar area of concentration.