ProducePay has created the first ever online financing and insights platform for fresh perishable produce. The Los Angeles-based company has raised over $95MM+ to help the multi-billion dollar Agriculture Industry and work with hundreds of growers, distributors, and receivers across the world.
At the intersection of Tech, Finance and Ag, ProducePay’s product is as fascinating as it is challenging. We are committed to building a better supply chain for fresh produce, one that places trust at the center of every transaction. We think that food is the essence of life and that how we grow our food is linked to many of today’s challenges (health, climate, water and more). Watch a video overview here.
How have we managed to shake up an industry that hasn’t changed for decades? We’ve built an incredible product team and process. Our team is customer obsessed, understands the value of focus, and knows that the product is always evolving. As a result, demand for our services is at an all time high and we’re looking for inspiring people to join our crew!
Job Description Summary
We are seeking a dynamic software engineer who is passionate about working on a team to build awesome products. We are proud to be a diverse workplace and will give consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Build out and ship new features and products as defined by the product and design teams. Our team is small but growing fast, and we plan to stay agile and disciplined. Be an advocate for clean code that is maintainable and testable.
- Participate in the planning and deployment of products that deliver value. We strive to deliver technology that increases the value of our company for all stakeholders.
- Continue to grow your skill set and knowledge. We’re a team of individuals who strive for continuous growth and personal development. Participate in code reviews, mentoring, pairing, tech talks, etc. We are committed to investing in ourselves and our team.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience working with agile software development processes. Bonus: no stranger to Git, Docker, or the unix command line
- Our frontend apps use React and GraphQL to communicate with our backend using JSON web APIs. We’re looking for team members who are excited to work with these technologies.
- Bonus: experience with Typescript and Apollo within React
- We’re looking for smart, motivated engineers who are excited to learn and grow with us.
- You are obsessed with the user experience and have a passion for building products that delight users.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and perform best when challenged.
- You take ownership of problems and drive to accomplish what is necessary to solve them. You don’t believe in silos or flinging tasks over a fence.
- You want to work with other team members that share the same passion and drive for awesome tech and products as you and have a great time doing so.
- You are respectful to your coworkers and are able to both give and receive feedback and advice.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- 401k - company automatically contributes 3%
- Parking and Phone plans.
- Friday Team Lunches.
- Regular team outings (go-karting, paintball etc.) - just ask for our team photos to check how much fun we had ;)
- Unlimited time off.
- Brilliant, motivated, and fun team members.
- $1,000 off a new home purchase when working with Open Listings