The Jacobsen is an organization that has been in existence since 1865 as a Price Reporting Agency (PRA). Historically we publish prices and analysis on agricultural commodities. The data we provide is often used as benchmarks in commodity markets for a variety of reasons. We believe the future of The Jacobsen is partially the PRA business and it is also in the forecasting business. We have moved in the direction using algorithms, proprietary data, public/private data, and our understanding of the markets to develop reports that forecast the future price movements in commodity markets. In addition, we have begun to develop a consulting division to help participates navigate markets.
We are looking for an advanced junior or mid-level contract developer to join our team to work on a data scraping project for 10-15 hours per week for 2-4 months with the possibility of an extension. This position is fully remote.
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Proven experience as a .NET Developer or Application Developer
- Experience with C# web scraping libraries such as HTML Agility Pack or Selenium and Excel packages
- Experience consuming APIs
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $30.00 to $50.00 /hour
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- C#: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Fully Remote