Toshiba International Corporation
The Software Development Engineer Intern will be assigned to projects involving the design, development, and testing of software based products.
- Gain hands-on engineering experience on remote monitoring software/hardware based projects.
- Work directly with other engineers and professionals in a team environment and see how Toshiba's engineers work together to deliver success.
- Develop your skills under the supervision and guidance of experienced professionals.
- Current enrollment in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering program with strong curriculum focus in software usability engineering, and computer networks.
- Ability to work in main Toshiba facility located in Houston TX, for approximately 2+ months over the summer for ongoing in-depth training.
- Have basic knowledge and understanding of Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Systems.
- Have knowledge and understanding of software testing techniques.
- Have basic knowledge and understanding of computer networks protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP) .
- Have knowledge and understanding industrial/utility communication system and protocol.
- Have knowledge in big data, analytics, and loT is a plus, but not required.
Toshiba International Corporation (TIC) is a Toshiba America Inc. (TAI) Group Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. TIC is headquartered in Houston, Texas, and employs approximately 1,200 people. TIC provides application solutions to a wide range of industries including industrial, power electronics, and transmission and distribution systems. For more information about TIC, please visit www.toshiba.com/tic.