Coffee Meets Bagel
What You'll Bring!
- For a backend internship, experience in Python. Experience in Django and SQL would be a plus but is not requiredFor an iOS internship, experience in technologies such as Swift, Objective-C, or other object-oriented languagesExperience working in a team-based environmentCurrently pursuing a degree or bootcamp instruction in software engineering or a related technical field
- Our job can be deeply challenging, but it’s also immensely rewarding and tons of fun! Even if you don't check off all the boxes, we encourage you to apply. CMB recognizes that talent comes from a variety of backgrounds and we would love to hear how you can make an impact here.
- This paid internship will take place over 8-10 weeks and is located onsite in our SF (backend/iOS) or Seattle (backend) offices. We do not provide visa or relocation support at this time.
- Automatic content moderation ~ This helped improve our event-drives system for automated recognition of faces in photos, suggestive imagery, and abusive language in profiles. It also influenced business decisions and reduced manual workload by making automated moderation decisions in millions of photos! You can read more about this here: https://www.fastcompany.com/90403658/amazons-ai-is-helping-companies-battle-sleazy-user-generated-contentAutomatic
- Scammer detection ~ This helped us find bad actors on our dating site. This project required analytics and a good dose of creativity to find new ways to tackle the problem. In collaboration with our data scientists, new scammer detection models were implemented to greatly reduce the amount of time it took to ban bad actors from our site. UI/UX and feature experiments. We’re constantly developing new features and designs, and our past interns have planned, implemented and tested both.