Role Summary:The Software and Analytics lab at GE Global Research partners with domain experts from all technical fields to develop innovative software that merges the physical and digital worlds. Specifically, our lab develops, builds, tests and validates “physics based” software systems with an emphasis on bringing research prototypes into the hands of real end users.
Essential Responsibilities:Our lab supports technology development for all industrial GE businesses such as Aviation, Power, Healthcare, Wind as well as Government Agencies. The Software and Analytics Laboratory researchers have core expertise in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering and software architecture, coupled with deep knowledge of the technologies behind new or existing GE products.
- Learn about computer vision (deep learning) as applied toward industrial inspections
- Be a team member of a multi-disciplinary project that involves mechanical engineering, machine learning, computer vision and software engineering. Collaborate with researchers at GE Global Research, as well as customers at the GE business units
- Work with internal and business engineering teams to help bring the power of AI to industrial factories and shops
- With guidance, design and develop a free-standing mobile app for the purposes of industrial inspections of valuable aviation components
- Help develop unit tests and system-level tests for the software. Help definite the efficacy of the completed app through quantitative metrics
- Attend team meetings and provide documentation, reports and updates as needed to communicate with the customer on project status
- Learn good software development practices e.g.
- Current enrollment pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relative field in an accredited university or college.
- Willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered
- Ph.D student in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field such as Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred; may consider Bachelor/Master students with equivalent expertise; BS/MS candidates must have unrestricted work authorization
- Desire to work on mobile app development with a focus on computer vision
- Proficient with Java or Kotlin
- Knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Knowledge of latest Android SDK
- Knowledge of both unit and integration testing for mobile applications
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks; ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Knowledge of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Execution mindset and sense of urgency
Familiarity with TensorFlow or PyTorch
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.