TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
We are looking for smart, enthusiastic students studying and interested in Cyber and Information Security. This intern will either be working in application security or proactive threat hunting & cyber incident response. Skillsets will vary depending on role however experience with Java development, systems engineering, or system administration are preferred.
If working on the application security team, you can expect to assist in running dynamic and static scans across TriNet resources:
- Benefit from learning the correct way to perform scans and assist TriNet in completing the inventory of Applications Assessed.
- Core Deliverable: Document findings and create a prioritization tracker for the AVM dashboard.
- Work with Software development teams to address findings.
If working on proactive threat hunting & cyber incident response, you can expect to:
- Proactively assist the threat and vulnerability management program by identifying anomalies in user behavior proactively.
o Gives you an opportunity to learn analysis on multiple tools, stacks and user interactive behavior.
- Assist in detection and creation of cyber incident rules and response actions
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Junior or Senior undergraduate or graduate students preferred; with a declared major in information security, computer science or related degree
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in core major classes
- Experience with Java development
- Systems Engineering & and/or experience with System Administration
- Experience setting up and configuring a network in a classroom and/or home setting
- Strong background in TCP/IP and penetration testing
- Previous relevant internship/work experience preferred
- Academic leadership or extra-curricular activity involvement preferred
- Self-starting and independent work skills
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing with various levels of the organization
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.):
- Work in modern, pleasant, clean and comfortable office setting
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact [email protected] to request such an accommodation.