VMware Product Intern and New Graduate Opportunities:
VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware SD-WAN Team:
VMware SD-WAN is the only complete solution with all the key elements of a Cloud‐Delivered WAN. VMware SD-WAN dramatically simplifies the WAN by delivering virtualized services from the cloud to branch offices and mobile users everywhere. VMware SD-WAN services deliver enterprise grade performance, visibility and control over both Internet and private networks, combining the economy of the Internet with the flexibility of the cloud.
What do I need to be successful in this role?
A strong understanding of quality engineering methodologies, computer science concepts, and enterprise software is a must. This is a rewarding position for people who love to problem solve, revel in determining complex problems, love debugging, and have a thirst for learning.
- Clear verbal and written communication
- Ability to effectively solve problems and generate solutions
- Be a strong advocate of software quality
- Write complex and innovative test cases
- Automation to build testbeds, and execute system test cases
- Enrolled and pursuing a BS/MS in computer science or related engineering degree
- Applied experience in Python or equivalent
- Object oriented programming
- Basic Software/Hardware system administration experience
- Installation/Configuration/Administration (KVM and ESXi a plus)
- Operating Systems: Linux knowledge - Installation/Configuration/Administration (RHEL and Ubuntu a plus), Windows Server, Windows 7
- Basic understanding of L2 and L3 networks, VLANs
- Basic Networking troubleshooting / debugging - e.g. tcpdump, wireshark, traceroute, route, netstat
- Basic Network protocols: TCP, UDP, ARP, DHCP, ICMP, IPv4/IPv6
- Self-sufficient, but knows when to ask for help
- Networking coursework completed
- Distributed Systems coursework completed
- Microservices Architecture experience
- Docker/Kubernetes experience
We offer a variety of opportunities that will help you expand your network and learn from industry leaders. Here at VMware we strive to help our interns build their career through meaningful work experiences and share their accomplishments with the VMware community.
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-02-11
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.