VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers.
With the rapid rise of cloud services, and with the proliferation of mobile devices, end users expect to be able to access their apps and desktops from anywhere, at any time. Meanwhile, enterprises are struggling with how to enable their users to be productive, and to be able to securely access their applications, from any location, on any device. Desktop and App Remoting is one of the key technologies that can bridge this divide, by supporting any network connected device and still giving IT the control they require. As part of the Horizon Remote Experience team, we are focused on delivering secure remote access to virtual desktops and apps, while enabling end users to access them using a broad spectrum of computing devices. We are focused on the remoting of desktop and app display, capture and compression of real time audio, video, images and data, and the transmission of this data over public networks. We also deal with the remote redirection of end user devices that are connected to these virtualized apps and desktops, while also providing APIs for app and device vendors. Market analysts such as IDC, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and others rate this technology as a game changer and a high growth area over the next 5 years. When you choose VMware as your employer, you are choosing to be a part of the best and brightest talent. Join us in working towards transforming computing; thereby changing the way business is done.
More information about VMware Horizon and Horizon Cloud at:
The team is looking for an intern for an engineering team working on Horizon Remote Experience and Remote Display Protocol. You will get to work on some of the more challenging and interesting problems building on VMware's production-proven platform. You will contribute to our next generation protocol to deliver applications and desktops from the cloud to a variety of devices. You will work on the networking aspects that help deliver the protocol to various endpoints across numerous network conditions. You will work on tackling the myriad use cases that our customers have, and expanding our feature set to tackle new applications and modern workflows.
- Participate in all aspects of software development, including design, implementation, and testing
- Manage tasks according to milestones
- Debug issues and suggest solutions
- Integrate feedback and evaluate various solutions
- Experience developing software using C/C++
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; including documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks, with tight deadlines concurrently
- Demonstrate ability to perform well in a dynamic environment, with on-time delivery
- Demonstrate ability to write and present effective materials, including presentations, status reporting, technical diagrams and flowcharts
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions
- Ability to collaborate with global teams
- Capable of preparing test plans to implement new technologies/configurations
- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation
- Experience designing software solutions
- Knowledge of media codecs (H.264 for example)
- Knowledge of graphics stack (WDDM, DirectX, etc.)
- Knowledge of network socket programming
- Cross-platform development (Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android)
- Multi-threaded programming
Education & Certification:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in information technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-02-12
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.