- Monitor the networks for malicious activity using Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) toolsets. This will include responding to and investigating alerts and ensuring all investigative activity is properly documented in our ticketing systems and followed up with relevant support teams.
- Assist Tier 1 analysts with triaging issues escalated to the information security team, and ensure that appropriate follow-up actions are taken by the SOC.
- Highly motivated individual with a genuine enthusiasm for information security and technology;
- Willingness to work shifts (including unsociable hours and holidays where these fall into your shift pattern) as part of a 24x7 team.
- Basic understanding of information security principles and best practices;
- Good communication skills both written and verbal;
- Basic knowledge of security issues inherent in common corporate environments;
- Ability to prioritize workloads and to know when to seek guidance.
- Microsoft Exchange Online Protection
- McAfee Data Loss Prevention
- Must have an Associates degree in a relevant field and 0-1+ years of relevant experience or a high school education and 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Must be able to meet all Law & Justice and departmental clearance requirements prior to starting work and be eligible to pass law enforcement level background investigations and obtain U.S. SECRET (or similar) clearances as required.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time to meet commitments and expectations
- Ability to remain organized and adapt to unexpected events, new facts, and rapidly changing circumstances
- Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices
- Ability to be flexible and focused
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with team members, customers, and external groups, as well as working in a collaborative environment
- Information Security Certification such as Security+ or ongoing education to achieve such certifications
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity or related field
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability