WANTED: An Intern Database Administrator / Developer with demonstrated experience in developmental test and evaluation techniques. The work will support the Code A Strategic Systems and Computing Department at Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division.
As an Intern Database Administrator / Developer you will:
- Support various program offices and projects including NAVSEA, NAVAIR, MARCORSYSCOM, Strategic Systems Programs, Air Force Life Cycle Management Command (AFLCMC), Joint Cyber Command and Control (JCC2).
- Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professionals.
- Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours, college courses, and personal needs.
A week in the life of an Intern Database Administrator / Developer:
- Attend and participate in meetings, conferences, panels, boards, and working groups to report programmatic and technical status and report contractor activities and issues, meetings, panels, and boards such as technical review boards (i.e.; preliminary design, critical design, and formulation review boards), Change Control Board (CCB), formal reviews and inspections, Developer Test Review (DTR), Test Readiness Reviews, In-Process Reviews, Load Baseline Readiness Reviews, Test Baseline Readiness Reviews, Software Deployment Readiness Reviews, Release Testing Review (RTR), Pre-Release Testing Review (PRTR) and Release Readiness Review (RRR) in addition to Sprint Reviews.
- Perform the technical data table design, development, production, modification, maintenance, monitoring, metrics-collection, and day-to-day technical management of underlying database structures and input/output mechanisms for those business software applications it develops and have been developed for NSWCDD corporate business applications.
The fundamental purpose of the team is to provide effective and affordable DT&E information for a program team of engineers and decision-makers for the purpose of risk management, measuring progress, and characterize operational effectiveness, suitability and survivability (including cybersecurity) for all development and test phases beginning with the design process through delivery and sustainment.
This mission is important because it includes development, test, and evaluation support of a variety of weapons systems, weapons control systems, and warfare systems, notably, Submarine Launched Ballistic Missile (SLBM), Ballistic Missile Submarine (SSBN), Guided Missile Submarine (SSGN), Strategic Weapons System (SWS), Launcher Control System, Attack Weapons System (AWS), Nuclear Planning and Execution System (NPES), AEGIS (both land- and sea-based), the Ship Self-Defense System (SSDS), Coast Guard Cutters, DDG-1000, Combined Integrated Air and Missile Defense Antisubmarine Warfare Trainer (CIAT), Guided Missile Frigate (FFG(X)), and other tactical Navy and Marine Corps programs, as well as cyberspace programs such as the Mission Assurance Decision Support System (MADSS).
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans
- Completed at least two years of an under-graduate degree from an accredited college or university and with studies and classes that focused on data structuring, application development, and database design, and at least one programming language; preferably Java or HTML
- Experience with Sharepoint and enterprise business workflow software applications a plus