A company built to serve you. It's your career, Shelter it!The Diversity Intern will work with the Say Insurance Business Intelligence department and have involvement in various department functions and activities for the purpose of learning Shelter-specific policies, procedures, and methods of conducting business. Exposure to many facets of department activities including, but not limited to, traveling to visit branch office(s) or agent office(s), job shadowing with department members, attending department meetings or applicable corporate training classes, and performing assigned job duties. Assists department with regular work and may be assigned to special projects as appropriate.
The job, in a nutshell:
The Say Insurance Diversity Intern analyzes and assesses data for all channels employed by our direct-to-customer auto insurance brand (Say Insurance). This role is centered on collecting, analyzing, and reporting on data that will help us make decisions leading to profitable growth through targeted acquisition and retention.
We're looking for someone with talent for analyzing data and creating insights. The intern will use business intelligence skills to translate analysis into business decisions. Strong analysis skills along with big picture thinking and attention to detail are a must.
Starting hourly pay: $12.63
If interested, please apply by:02/29/2020
Your day looks something like this:
Explore, analyze and communicate trends in data.
Design and customize dashboards.
Assess data from web analytics (Google Analytics), voice-of-customer tools, and other data gathering inputs. Develop findings and conclusions from data assessment and provide conclusions and recommendations to Say Insurance leadership.
Manage the design and construction of high-quality analytics, queries, and document procedures for deploying reports to internal and external customers
Work with business stakeholders to identify and document business goals, reporting requirements and key performance indicators (KPIs).
Document current database structure and dependencies.
- Attends department meetings and/or assists with special projects as appropriate.
- Assists co-workers with work as assigned, and fills in for absent co-workers.
- Attends classes in Shelter's Training Center or takes courses online through Shelter's Training and Education Portal as applicable to job duties and Diversity Program goals.
- Work with other Diversity Interns to create current Diversity Program promotional brochure and on other various project work as requested by program coordinators.
- Performs other duties and prepares special reports as requested by the supervisor.
- Must be able to operate keyboard and calculator with speed and accuracy, as well as fax, copier, and other office machines.
- Assists with routine department duties, which may include answering phones, sorting and delivering mail, filing and recordkeeping, and data entry.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Good personal computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes.
- Knowledge of SQL, BI tools (Tableau, Quicksight, PowerBI etc.), SAS, SPSS, Python, R are strongly preferred.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to interpret and apply results to resolve business issues.
- Experience with database analysis, business processes and systems (BI reporting tools).
- Ability to communicate findings, debrief, and make recommendations.
- Ability to thrive in a detail-oriented and results-driven environment.
- Superior collaboration skills and a desire to work on a cross-functional, agile team.
- A positive attitude and self-starting nature, excited to contribute to a rapidly changing start-up environment.
- Ability to work on scheduled and ad hoc projects.
- Strong desire to investigate anomalies, differences and facts that assists with data integrity and accurate reporting
- Interest in machine learning, artificial intelligence or predictive analytics.
- Must meet Diversity Internship Program requirements and have reached an education level of full-time college sophomore or junior.
- Working towards college degree in Business, Statistics, Computer Science, Math or related field preferred.
- Time commitment required is 8-10 weeks of on the job training learning Shelter policies, procedures, and computer systems within the assigned department.
- Works under general supervision of the supervisor.
- Accountable for performing assigned work accurately, efficiently and in accordance with established company policies and department procedures.
- Handles sensitive or confidential information appropriately.
- Must be available for employment from May through August, and be able to coordinate schedule with school ending, Shelter job needs and start dates.
- Ability to maintain work schedule and work well with others in an office or field environment.