Internship at a Consumer Privacy Startup (part-time)
We’re offering an exciting internship opportunity to help our new company, Confidently.com, better serve customers with a brand new product in a hot area: consumer privacy.
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Hours: 10+ hours a week
- Duration: at least 3 months to start (can be extended)
- Location: Bay Area, mostly remotely. Meet in person once a week (Berkeley/SF)
- $16+ an hour
Who we are
- Consumer privacy is a big concern -- and a huge opportunity. Surprisingly no good solutions exist to help consumers manage their personal data privacy
- Confidently is going to be the consumer's privacy champion, building a platform to help people take back control of their personal data across their digital footprint
- Visualize the customer’s data (who has it, what do they have)
- Automate and keep track of a user’s privacy actions (delete, do not sell)
- Creating interfaces with hundreds of businesses to execute these actions
- Confidently is going to be the most important company in consumer privacy!
What you’ll do
- Process customer privacy requests with dozens of businesses
- Define how we will process customer requests and help us document it
- Work with founders to brainstorm creative ways to improve the process
- Help us define a “playbook” for how Confidently works with customers
Who we’re looking for
- Someone who solves problems, not just raises them
- A person who thinks outside the box to devise creative solutions
- A hard worker with good attention to detail but also sees the big picture
- Someone who is self-motivated and can work remotely
Why this is for you
- We’re a startup; you will be in on the ground floor as the first customer service person!
- You are not a cog in a machine; you will solve problems and define how things are done
- Privacy is a good business, but it’s also a really important cause
- Founders are experienced executives & entrepreneurs; you will gain hands-on mentorship!
Take a look at our website: www.confidently.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Work from home
Communication method(s) used:
- Answer incoming customer inquiries
- Collaborate with management teams to stay updated on new products, services, and policies
- Record customer information within our customer service database
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns
- Offer support and solutions to customers in accordance with the company's customer service policies
- Other duties as requested
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Monday to Friday