Smart & Final Stores
Store Support Center Intern
Smart & Final is searching for Interns at our Store Support Center located at 600 Citadel Drive, Commerce, CA.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for interns to gain experience through hands-on training in their field of choice. This role will be an integration of scholastic learning and experiential learning. As an intern, you will develop the skills needed to become a professional in the grocery industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (Other duties may be assigned or required):
- Gain industry and organizational knowledge through daily business interactions and job assignments.
- Understand how different departments work together toward common goals
- Learn the values that are specific to Smart & Final and how the company puts those values into practice
- Work alongside industry professionals
- Help improve administration procedures and conduct a variety of general administrative tasks as assigned
Duties will be outlined based on the student’s area of study or degree program, as well as which department the student is assigned to.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Must be currently enrolled and attending college OR have graduated within the past 12 months.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word and the ability to apply these skills to essential duties and responsibilities is required.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.