Momentum IT Services
The Level I Support Technician - Intern role provides remote and onsite technical support as well as planning, scheduling and execution of new customer on-boards and current customer projects. We are looking for an individual who is eager to learn, highly customer focused, patient, an effective communicator, self-initiating, has a positive attitude, and is able to prioritize, schedule and execute tasks without micro-management. The role will involve basic desktop and system administrator skills. This part-time/intern position could turn into a try and hire for a permanent position for the right employee. Permanent positions include health benefits, 401K, and other benefits.
- Run timers and track time each day.
- Create, schedule and work to resolve service tickets and projects each day.
- Compose logical and grammatically correct written summaries of performed work each day.
- Help ensure day-to-day operations of customer's IT Infrastructure.
- Answer inbound service phone calls as necessary
- Basic installation, configuration and support of the Windows operating system and various windows-based customer applications.
- Basic installation, configuration and support of Windows server administration roles (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, DFS, Print Server, File Server).
- Basic installation, configuration and support of the following hardware device types: servers, workstations, monitors, switches, routers, firewalls, printers, scanners, faxes, VoIP phone systems, video surveillance systems, Wi-Fi systems, NAS devices, Backup systems.
- Basic Virus and Malware remediation.
- Basic documentation skills of customer networks
- Any other task or duty as assigned or required.
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving Skills
- Written/Verbal communication proficiency
- Accountability and Dependability
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Customer Focused
- Self Management
- Time Management
- Development and Continual Learning
- Ethical Conduct
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications
- A+, Network+ Certifications
- Basic networking familiarity
- Networking/switching hardware
- Associates degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Hands on experience with MOST of the following:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Server 2008, Server 2012, Server 2016
- Active Directory
- Exchange 2010, Exchange 2013, Exchange 2016
- Microsoft Office Suites
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Terminal Servers
- Hyper-V or VMWare
- VoIP Systems
- Mac OS X (Not Required)
Soft Skills Required:
- Communication – The ability to communicate patiently and clearly with people at all technical levels.
- Problem solving – The ability to get to the root of the problem and move forward with a solution or workaround in a timely, logical manner.
- Lifelong learner – Must have a desire to continue learning new products and improving skills through online training and pursuit of certifications.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Salary: $12.00 to $19.00 /hour
- One location
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture