At Ellucian, we’re motivated by a mission. Higher education is facing profound change. Shifting demographics and cultural perceptions, combined with declining support and rising expectations, are forcing colleges to do more with less. That’s where we come in. As true believers in the power of education to transform lives, we’re dedicated to helping all our customers thrive—not just survive—in these challenging times by transforming their institutions from the traditional paper-based colleges of yesterday to the agile, connected campuses of today. From cloud solutions built on world-class infrastructure to powerful analytics that drive successful planning, we lead the industry in building enterprise-class solutions tailored to institutions around the world.
Our passion and commitment for learning and continuous improvement drive us internally, too. From professional development to flexibility and work-life balance, we give our global employees the tools they need to succeed so we can all grow together.
- Learn the required technologies in a fast-paced manner and demonstrate learning on expected work items
- Explore technical and functional side of the project / product and demonstrate the knowledge by contributing to Proof of Concepts (PoC).
- Collaborate with technical leads in both design and coding tasks
- Perform tasks (e.g., coding, testing, documenting, researching) as assigned and supervised by technical leads
- Adhere to code conventions and standards adopted by your team
- Participate in daily Scrums
- Participate in on the job training and development within various R&D roles
- Studying computer science, software engineering or related course of study
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exposure to basic programing languages as part of academics
- Strong listening skills and confidence to ask questions to ensure adequate understanding of assigned tasks, ability to comprehend complex technical concepts
- Familiarity with relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Comfortable using common development and productivity tools
- Organized, self-motivated and the ability to multi-task
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.