Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Learn More About Internship Programs at CommScope
As CommScope designs and builds connectivity for the world's most advanced networks, we're building something equally as important: careers for bright college students like you. Our Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you an invaluable work experience through completing challenging projects to help you grow and develop.
Throughout the 12-week program, you will collaborate with some of the best in the industry, receive on the job training and participate in professional development workshops, executive speaker series, and other networking and social events!
What to Expect:
As a global innovator in IP, video and broadband technology, we continually work with our customers to transform entertainment and communications to solve the most pressing challenges of 21st century communications.
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Develop and/or test software solutions in the Linux platform environment
- Gain experience with virtualized ecosystems using Kubernetes, Docker, and bare metal deployments
- Triage, debug, and/or resolve reported issues from Python orchestration modules
- Generate Defect Reports in Jira defect database
- Configure networks & hardware and troubleshoot network & hardware failures
- Work with and debug internet technologies (TCP, UDP, DHCP, routing protocols) with industry standard test equipment and processes
Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar program with a graduation date on or after December 2020
- Minimum GPA Requirement: 3.2 undergrad or 3.5 Masters student
- Rising Junior or Senior during the summer of 2020
You Will Excite Us If You Possess These Additional Skills:
- Linux/ UNIX
- Strong troubleshooting abilities
- Some experience in IPv4 and IPv6 Networking
In today’s always on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.