IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
About this job:
The Clinical Trials Assistant (CTA) role is an ideal starting point for new college graduates. You will have the opportunity to build a foundation of knowledge, and a network of peers, to help you progress your career in the direction you choose. You will learn the life-cycle of a clinical trial and play an integral role in maintaining the quality and regulatory compliance of study deliverables. You will utilize multiple database and file tracking systems, and you will review study information to identify quality concerns. Networking and building relationships is important to your career. In this role, you will work directly with study teams consisting of team members from various departments and located around the world. You may also have an opportunity to lead CTA study teams and interact directly with client representatives. The CTA role is the perfect launching pad for your career. CTA projects vary, your typical responsibilities and opportunities might include:
- Serving as a central point of contact for the clinical team for designated project communications, correspondence and associated documentation
- Assisting with completion of relevant Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS) fields, databases, tracking tools, timelines and project plans with project specific information
- Preparing, handling, distributing, tracking, maintaining, filing, and archiving clinical documents, reports, and information
- Managing Case Report Forms (CRFs), queries, and clinical data flow
- Performing quality audits of study files, documents, and processes and escalating quality problems
- Handling IP release activities on small, straightforward projects or support review for larger projects
- Coordinating, scheduling and submitting safety reports to regulatory authorities, marketing authorization holders, investigators, customers and operations team in accordance with deadlines
- Leading CTA study teams and mentoring junior employees
- Contributing to internal brainstorming sessions and collaborating with team members on process improvements
- Presenting information to study teams, and potentially client audiences via teleconference or in face-to-face meetings
- Assisting with recruiting new team members and participating in the interview process
An ideal candidate will have:
- A strong academic record, excellent problem-solving abilities, exceptional communication skills, strong quantitative skills, and be a proven team contributor
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in the following areas (but not limited to) Biology, Biochemistry, Clinical Research, Healthcare Management and Policy, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Neurosciences, Nursing, Pharmacy, Public Health and International Relations (or equivalent work experience)
- An interest in and desire to learn about the constantly evolving healthcare industry
- Good project management, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent conversational and business English (written and oral)
- Exceptional IT literacy e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1118433