Nasdaq (Nasdaq: NDAQ) is a leading global provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today's global capital markets. As the creator of the world's first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 100 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to approximately 4,000 total listings with a market value of approximately $15 trillion. To learn more, visit: http://www.nasdaq.com
Global Technology is responsible for developing World Class leading technology to support our Markets, Market Makers not only in the US but across the Globe. Within our greater technology organization we are committed to excellence in every aspect of software development from Capability Conception to Project Execution. There are many technical teams – spread across the Globe with a mind to usher in innovative technology to meet Nasdaq’s constantly growing needs and opportunities.
This role offers the right candidate an opportunity to participate in our World Class Index Calculation and Dissemination Technology. At the heart of that technology are Java and web-based applications written to support the administration of our Indexes as well as to serve up content for our paid subscribers. The ideal candidate will have significant experience writing, troubleshooting and optimizing these full-stack solutions (Java, Web-Client, Web Services, and DB Serving).
Your role and responsibilities
- Working directly with users to determine requirement and screen functions
- Working directly with other tech team members to find an optimal design for a solution given the current implementation.
- OO design of extensions to existing applications
- DB table design changes
- Code development in Java and SQL stored procedures.
- Use of core Java
- Use of Linux
- Use of AngularJS
You will need the following skills and experience
- Minimum 2 years UI Design/Build experience along with Java and SQL server stored procedures development (we welcome applications from graduates who can demonstrate they have deployed these skills as part of their coursework/internship programs/work experience)
- Good knowledge of Java, preferably core java development.
- Good knowledge of M SQL Server and related products.
- Performance Optimization of SQL stored procs.
- Good knowledge of Linux OS, shell scripting
- Strong scripting skills (python and/or Perl)
- Knowledge to write Junit test cases.
- Good understanding of STLs, JDBC.
- Knowledge of performance tools like JProfiler.
- Experience with version control systems, preferably GIT.
- Additional skills would be favorable;
- ASP.NET MVC 4 or higher
- Lambda Expressions
- 2FA Authentication
- AngularJS 1.4+
- Bootstrap 3
- ASP.NET Core 1.0
Sounds like you? Please follow through by clicking the “Apply” link and submitting your application. If your skills and experience are a match, we will be in touch soon, and in the meantime please visit our website and social media channels to learn more about our innovative business, inclusive culture and where a career at Nasdaq can take you.
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- Java: 2 years (Required)
- UI Design/Build: 2 years (Required)
- SQL: 2 years (Required)
- Shelton, CT (Required)
- United States (Required)