This position allows college students to gain real world experience in a field while collaborating with their studies. This individual will be working closely with our Global Managed Services group supporting our global data center strategy
Duties & Responsibilities
- Gain solid understanding of GMS organization and the team’s internal operations.
- Manage & own the purchasing process & supplier maintenance process on behalf of the Global Managed Services (GMS) organization. This includes initiating & tracking status of all purchase requisitions for the organization, and working with Procurement to qualify a new supplier.
- Gain full understanding of internal purchasing process from initiating a quote request to receipting a purchase order once services have been rendered or components have been received.
- Become familiar with all types of purchases GMS organization requires, including capital acquisitions.
- Work with the Global Managed Services Finance counterpart to gain confidence in PO account coding based on item type.
- Manage gathering Procurement requirements weekly on behalf of all GMS managers.
- Job shadow employees within the department to gain understanding of how this group fits into the larger Itron organization
- Ask questions and offer input on complex problems
- Helps department stay abreast of latest developments in the field and in any changes related to educational practices
Education: High School graduate or equivalent. Preference will be given to students enrolled at a college or university majoring in Business, Management Information Systems, Data Analytics, or a related field
Internship Duration: This position is likely to run through the end of the 2020 school year. This is subject to change.
Travel: 1 - 10%
Physical Demands: This is a typical office job, with no special physical requirements or unusual work environment.
Itron is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or other characteristics protected by law. If you require an accommodation in order to apply to this position, please contact your local recruiting representative at 1-800-635-5461 or email [email protected]