Ticket Sales Interns provide support to the ticket sales department through a comprehensive program to develop sales skills and provide experience for future success. This position is for the upcoming 2020 season and is unpaid for college credit ONLY.
- Sell ticket related products including, but not limited to season tickets, single game tickets, hospitality packages and group tickets.
- Make cold calls or “street team” to generate personal leads through referrals, networking, social selling and effective research.
- Create and develop new business by regularly pitching new prospects through external appointments, phone prospecting, social selling and events
- Attend team sponsored and community events with the purpose of selling ticket packages, networking, gathering leads and prospecting
- Provide excellent customer service through handling incoming sales calls and effectively following up with customers and prospective customers to build relationships and drive business
- Other duties as assigned
- Open to students presently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Current student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Sport Management, Business, Communications, or Sports Marketing
- Must be proficient in MS Office, particularly PowerPoint
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year of experience in collegiate/professional sports, customer service, and sales/marketing
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Must possess strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ideal candidate is creative, while also highly analytical and detail oriented
- Highly self-motivated and enthusiastic with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Prior experience is a plus
- A strong desire to work in the Sports and Entertainment industry, particularly in sponsorship sales
- Interns must have the ability and willingness to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays due to the nature of professional sports
- Full-time and part-time positions available
- Part-time positions require a minimum of 200 hours with a 12-15 week duration.
- Must be able to work all home games