City of Port Huron
THE CITY OF PORT HURON IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
JUNIOR RECREATOR PROGRAMMER (RECREATION DEPARTMENT)
- Plan, develop and evaluate seasonal programming, keeping it fresh and successful.
- Provide excellent customer service to all guests in an effort to create memorable moments.
- Respond to inquiries via phone call and email in a timely and professional manner.
- Conduct employment interviews for potential volunteers.
- Organize the orientation, scheduling and training of Junior Recreator teen volunteers.
- Supervise the teens daily attendance and job performance, and assist them in growing their interactions with others.
- Ensure a fun, safe, educational and quality program for the teens involved.
- Foster a respectful, caring and professional attitude in the teen participants.
- Keep up weekly social media posts for teens.
- Communicate with internal staff about program dates and schedules.
- Work with the Recreation/Marketing staff to promote and schedule programs and activities.
- Coordinate and supervise one year-end reward trip.
- Create and maintain a budget based on the grant received for this program.
- Maintain program records, statistics and photos, and create a memory book from the teens to the grantor.
- Organize and purchase supplies.
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Hours vary based on program scheduling.
- Six month maximum assignment.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions with prolonged periods of standing and walking.
Salary: $ 13.00 / hour
- Does not include a benefit package.
Date Posted: Monday, February 10, 2020
Application Deadline: Friday, May 29, 2020
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Job applications can be obtained from the Human Resources Department or downloaded from here.
- If mailed, it must be postmarked by the deadline date listed above.
- Original job applications will be accepted in-person or by mail at:
City of Port Huron
100 McMorran Blvd.
Port Huron, MI 48060
** EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER **
Deadline for Applying : May 29, 2020 03:30 PM